The purpose of this scholarship is twofold:
(i) Cover the expenses for participation in scientific conferences and/or shorter research stays abroad for doctoral students and for Early Stage Researchers (ESR) of the Field of Excellence COLIBRI.
(ii) Finance guest stays of external scientists which are useful for current or planned research activities within COLIBRI.
ad (i): Prerequisites for granting a scholarship to doctoral students or ESRs are
- the applicant is member of the Field of Excellence COLIBRI, and for ESRs the doctorate was completed no more than four years ago at the time of application, and
- it appears desirable w.r.t. the applicant's scientific activities that he/she attends scientific conferences abroad in order to present the results of his/her research there, or that he/she spends a research stay of maximally 10 days at an institution with which a research cooperation exists or is to be initiated.
ad (ii): Prerequisites for granting a scholarship to external academics to finance COLIBRI guest stays for a maximum of 10 days is that
- the applicant is scientifically proven
- his/her stay is dedicated to a specific COLIBRI research activities, and
- cooperation with the guest already exists or is planned for the longer term.
The decision will then be made by the Board of Speakers of COLIBRI.
Institut für Biologie
Alexander Thomas GoritschnigForschungsmanager
Forschungsmanagement und -service