COLIBRI Research Support Initiative
The objective of this funding initiative is to support “complexity of life”-related research that requires investments on the medium cost scale. We seek especially ‘sustainable’ investments, which enable COLIBRI research that would otherwise not be possible. Most favorable such investments should facilitate joint research, joint papers or joint grant developments between two or more COLIBRI members.
What is funded:
- Software or hardware tools, that allow cooperative scientific work between COLIBRI partners, including service costs (e.g. software renewal costs)
- Operating costs for performing complexity-related experimentation (e.g. rent of usage of test facilities, payments to participants in experiments, etc.), if the costs can be clearly separated from ongoing daily expenses.
- Costs for acquiring data (database access etc.).
- Only items with a clear connection to complexity science will be funded
- Funded expenses should be between 1,500.-- Euro and 10,000.-- Euro
- In case of doubt, several smaller items going to different COLIBRI members are favored over one larger item with fewer (or just one) COLIBRI member, in order to maximize spreading of support and to maximally initiatie novel cooperation or maximise strengthening of existing ties.
- No funding will be given to expenses that induce further costs, unless it is made 100% clear that these further costs will not be requested from COLIBRI.
- No funding will be given to expenditures that are not representing in itself a fully functional tool, in order to avoid that something that exceeds the funding cost range is just split up in two or several junks to make it fit this funding scheme. However, it is possible to fund a “missing piece” for something that is financed already through a different funding scheme, or to repair a broken device and get it functional this way.
Who is eligible:
All (full and associated) COLIBRI members.
Process and timeline:
For applying, please use the following template: docx. The proposal should be sent to alexander.goritschnig(at)uni-graz.at not later than 31st of May 2021, 24:00 CEST. The decision will then be made by the Board of Speakers of COLIBRI.
In case events can not take place or the funding targets can not be bought, funding confirmations become obsolete. In case costs increase unexpectedly by a significant margin, funding is not automatically given, as this situation requires a new decision of the COLIBRI Board of Speakers to assess the situation, which might revoke the former funding decision.
Institut für Biologie
Alexander Thomas GoritschnigForschungsmanager
Forschungsmanagement und -service